Are You Ready for Winter
The leaves gone and winter is around the corner. Run through this short checklist to see if your home is prepared.
- Clean leaves and debris from your gutters and downspouts to prevent water from freezing in them during the winter and causing damage to the eavestrough and fascia.
- Drain your hosepipe and irrigation system, which should be blown through with compressed air to ensure the pipes don’t freeze and crack over winter.
- Drain fuel from your gas powered garden tools.
- Check the snow blower is working; service if necessary.
- Clean and store the outdoor furniture.
- Empty pots and planters.
- Test your sump pump to ensure it’s working correctly – check your owner’s manual for details.